Greek airports perform better than other European ones

Flight delays at Greek airports are far less compared to the chaotic conditions prevailing at other European airports, sources at the Infrastructure and Transport Ministry said on Wednesday.

The source added that according to the state news agency amna, problems prevailing at major European airports account for at least 80% of any minor flight delays occurring at some Greek airports, and assured that the Greek aviation is not responsible for any inconvenience.

According to available data, 53% of flights at Athens International Airport land on time, and of the remaining 47%, the majority, or 80%, are due to delays from European airports and 20% to non-slot commercial flights – mainly at Heraklion Airport in Crete – or private flights to the Greek islands.

About 600-1,000 passengers’ luggage from previous days’ flights were delivered daily to Athens International Airport, where a temporary logistics system has been set up to deal with the situation, ministry sources said.

International media report a chaotic situation at several European airports with long queues, massive delays and cancellations of flights, loss of luggage. And all this because of the lack of staff caused by Covid-19 and strikes.

PS This is, of course, praise from a government agency, but it is worth noting that in all my travels from / to Greek airports, I have not had any problems, which cannot be said about airports in other countries.



Source link

High-quality journalistic work cannot be free, otherwise it becomes dependent on the authorities or the oligarchs.
Our site is solely funded by advertising money.
Please disable your ad blocker to continue reading the news.
Best regards, editors