An anti-cancer, digestive, winter vegetable available for everyone is … cabbage!
White cabbage, a humble winter vegetable from the same family as cauliflower, and broccoli are a nutritious treasure for young and old alike, a necessary addition to our daily diet.
Thanks to its valuable ingredients, it provides seven health benefits:
1. Possesses antioxidant and anticancer activity. Antioxidants are the body’s defense against free radicals produced in the body, which are responsible for cell mutations that cause cancer.
2. Facilitates digestion and other functions of the gastrointestinal tract due to its high fiber content.
3. It is an important source of vitamin C, providing 54% of the RDA per serving. In fact, the concentration of the nutrient in purple cabbage is 30% higher than in white cabbage.
4. It is our ally in the quest to lose weight. It is worth including cabbage in your diet due to the abundance of fiber and the minimum amount of calories. But not only! Cabbage salad will prolong the feeling of satiety.
5. Regulates blood pressure. This property is due to the potassium it contains, which neutralizes the effects of sodium in the body, helping to eliminate excess urination. Due to this feature, many studies have identified foods high in beneficial metals as an important “weapon” in the treatment of hypertension.
6. Accelerates wound healing by supplying the body with vitamin K necessary for blood clotting.
7. Promotes skin rejuvenation. Initially, vitamin C boosts the production of collagen, a structural protein responsible for healthy skin and strong bones. In addition, the sulfur contained in it helps to regenerate the skin, remove dead cells. Cabbage is considered to be effective in treating skin conditions such as acne.