The Greek government will launch a program to subsidize the purchase of electric vehicles, as well as electric two-wheelers, three-wheelers and electric bicycles, as part of a strategy to promote the use of electric vehicles in the country.
Environment and Energy Minister Kostas Skrekas announced that the application platform will open on Thursday 28 July 2022. The subsidy for individuals reaches 30% of the car’s retail value (before tax). An additional subsidy was offered to buy a home charger or write off an old car. The subsidy applies only to the purchase of electric vehicles, not plug-in hybrid cars.
Skrekas said the program has four goals: fleet renewal, development of smart charging infrastructure, reduction of CO2 emissions and cost savings for citizens.
On subsidies for individuals and legal entities
- 30% subsidy on the pre-tax retail price for the purchase of an electric vehicle with a maximum amount of 8,000 euros.
- Subsidy of 30% and up to 8,000 euros for long-term rentals without purchase obligations.
- €1,000 withdrawal bonus and €500 smart charger subsidy.
- Additional subsidy of 1000 euros for the purchase of a car for a disabled person.
- Additional subsidy of 1,000 euros for families with at least 3 dependent children (1,000 euros for 3 dependent children and an additional 1,000 euros for each additional child up to 4,000 euros).
- Additional 1000 euros for the purchase of a car and a minibus for young people up to 29 years old.
- The possibility of assigning the right to receive a subsidy to the company-seller.
- Subsidy up to 40% and with a maximum amount of 3000 for the purchase of two-wheelers and three-wheelers of category L5e to L7e (professional electric three-wheelers and minibuses).
- Subsidy for electric two-wheelers of category L1e to L4e up to 20% and with a maximum subsidy amount of 800 euros.
- 40% subsidy for electric bikes with a maximum subsidy of 800 euros.
- 30% subsidy for the purchase of an electric car with a maximum amount of 8,000 euros from 1 to 20 cars, and a 20% subsidy with a maximum amount of 6,000 euros from 21 cars or more.
- Withdrawal bonus of €1,000 per vehicle and smart charger subsidy of €400 per recharging point.
- Subsidy to courier, distribution and travel companies for the purchase of up to 10 electric bikes.
- 30% subsidy and up to 8,000 euros for long-term rentals without commitment to purchase from 1 to 20 cars and a 20% subsidy and up to 6,000 euros for 21 cars and above, respectively.
- Additional 4000 euros per car for companies operating on the islands.
- 30% subsidy with a maximum amount of 8,000 euros per vehicle for the purchase of demonstration electric vehicles (test drive) from 1 to 20 vehicles and a 20% subsidy with a maximum amount of 6,000 euros for 21 vehicles and more, respectively.
The program budget is 50 million euros and is expected to be increased in 2023.
Platform “I move electrically” Κινούμαι Ηλεκτρικά here.