Thessaloniki: a young man bled to death, two were injured in an attack by football fans.

A 19-year-old young man died due to stab wounds, two more were stabbed multiple times in an attack on the night of Monday to Tuesday in Thessaloniki. Police are attributing the incident to rival football fan clubs, media reported.

The deceased young man was stabbed in the inner part of the upper thigh, apparently, he had a damaged femoral artery, because of which he died from rapid blood loss. Two others, 19 and 20 years old, were taken to the hospital, where they received medical assistance, and now nothing threatens their health.

According to media reports, the three young men were walking down Harilaou Trikoupi Street in Thessaloniki around 1:00 am when two cars pulled up next to them. People came out of them and demanded that the young men tell which football club they support.

“The criminals attacked the victims with knives and other objects, and fled,” the statement says. message police.

The media quoted a woman who lives near the scene of the tragedy: after 00:30 she heard a noise, and then a cry: “Please don’t hit me anymore.” She called the police, while a resident of a neighboring house also reports voria.grthat at about 01:00 people’s cries were heard, but “they quickly stopped.” Another woman who lives in a neighboring apartment building reports that after 12:30 she heard a noise: “I heard voices from the back balcony, noise, I saw teenagers running from the school to Nicolau Plastire street and shouting: “Where is the mobile, Call the police”.

At the site of the death of a 19-year-old, friends or relatives of the deceased put a candle.

Chronicle of the attack The incident occurred at 00:40 a few meters from the ARIS stadium, when three young people were attacked. According to the Mega TV channel, the man who got out of the white car went to his friends and started attacking them with a sharp object, which the witnesses described as a small scythe. The young man was hit with a sharp object in the inner part of the thigh, near the groin, and his comrades were wounded one in the head and chest, and the other in the buttocks. The police were called to the scene of the attack, and they found the victims in the shelter. An EKAB ambulance then arrived to take them to the hospital. A 19-year-old boy was bleeding heavily, and he lost consciousness before the arrival of an ambulance and a mobile unit of the AKAB. Two of his friends were taken to the Papanicolaou hospital.

The police detained 15 suspects. Four of them were later released after questioning about the attack, but one was arrested for reasons unrelated to the incident. Police are continuing their investigation, collecting witness statements and surveillance footage from the area.

Source link

High-quality journalistic work cannot be free, otherwise it becomes dependent on the authorities or the oligarchs.
Our site is solely funded by advertising money.
Please disable your ad blocker to continue reading the news.
Best regards, editors