Three people died in the COVID hospital in the Bulgarian city of Sliven. According to preliminary data, the cause of the fire and death was a cigarette.
The fire broke out on Sunday night in a ward on the fourth floor of the coronavirus hospital, one of the patients probably smoked in bed, the channel reported. BTV… The fire department received a signal at 2:39 am, and two vehicles immediately arrived at the scene.
Firefighters found two dead and one injured in the room. However, he also died later. All other patients from the department managed to evacuate.
The Bulgarian Ministry of Health reports a lighter found near the bed. Most likely the cause of the tragedy was smoking.