May 25, 2024

Athens News

News in English from Greece

New Year incidents: a child swallowed a coin


On New Year’s Eve, a 4-year-old child was rushed to the hospital.

According to Cretapost, he swallowed a foreign body, a coin, and was unable to breathe. The baby was immediately taken to PAGNI, the Heraklion University General Hospital, where doctors began emergency removal of the object from the upper respiratory tract.

Fortunately, the non-invasive surgery was successful (la therapeutic intervention that uses modern equipment, local anesthesia and does not require hospitalization of the patient in a hospital). The incident was reported by the hospital’s ENT department through a post on social networks:

preview



Source link

Verified by MonsterInsights