Tomorrow, October 28, Athens will take the baton of student parades dedicated to the anniversary of the national OHI day.
By order of the National Police, the Syntagma metro station will be closed at 8 a.m. and trains will pass through without stopping.
Tram line 6 “Picrodaphne-Syntagma” will have a temporary terminus at stop “FIX” from the same time, and tram line 7 “Asclepion Voula-Agia Triada Piraeus” will have a temporary terminal at stop “SEF” from 9am.
The restoration of traffic in the metro and tram networks is expected after the end of the festivities, in connection with which emergency traffic rules will be put into effect with a gradual cessation of vehicle traffic in all municipalities of Attica, starting from 8 a.m., and a ban on stopping and parking from 6 a.m. morning, depending on prevailing conditions.
Specifically in the municipalities of Athens and Piraeus, vehicle traffic on the following roads and avenues will be disrupted as follows:
• Municipality of Athens from 09.00 until the end of the parade:
- L. Vas. Amalia, along the entire length and diagonally to the first parallel street.
- Email Venizelu (University) along the entire length and diagonally to the first parallel street.
- Sofia Avenue in the area between Konnou Avenue and El. Venizelo (University) and in both traffic flows, as well as perpendicular to the first parallel street.
- Singru Street in the area between the streets of Agios Diakos and Dionysios Areopagitou.
- Af. Dyaku along the entire length and diagonally to the first parallel street.
- Metropolis along its entire length and diagonally to the first parallel street.
- L. Vas. Olgas along its entire length in both traffic streams.
• Municipality of Piraeus from 09:00 to 14:00:
- 34th Infantry Regiment (34ου Πεζικού Συντάγματος) in the area between Omiridou Skilitsis and El. Venizela.
- Iron Polytechniu on the section between El. Venizelos and the 2nd division.
- You. Georgiou in the area between Etn. Antistaseos and gr. Lambrakis.