To the attention of Ukrainian citizens who crossed the border of Greece after February 24, 2022 and do not have a passport!
In case of Ukrainian citizens crossing the Greek border after 02/24/2022 by:
- internal passport in the form of a book;
- birth certificate.
Consular offices in Athens and Thessaloniki issue certificate for further appeal to the nearest territorial body at the place of residence on the issues of processing documents for foreigners (τμημα αλλοδαπων).
The certificate is issued on the day of application. is free.
When applying, you must have the document by which you entered Greece and a photo 3.5×4.5.
From 03/01/2022, the validity of international passports of citizens of Ukraine is allowed to be extended:
- extension of the validity of a passport can be issued no earlier than 3 months before the expiration of the passport;
- in case of expiration of the passport, it can be extended up to 5 years;
- the international passport of a child under 12 years old can be extended for a period not exceeding the period of its issuance;
- the data of children under 16 years of age, if they do not have a foreign passport, can be entered by gluing a photograph of the child/children into the passport of the parents indicating their personal data.
The legal representative, in order to enter information about the child into the passport, submits the following documents to the embassy:
- international passport;
- application for entering information about the child into the passport;
- birth certificate or a document confirming the fact of birth issued by the competent authorities of a foreign state.
In the absence of a birth certificate, the legal representative may submit an extract from the State Register of Civil Status Acts of Citizens on state birth registration;
- two photographs of a child measuring 3.5 x 4.5 centimeters (the background for photographing the face must be uniform, light (white or light gray) and contrast with the face, clothes, hair (if any);
- a document confirming the authority of the individual as a legal representative.
Documents issued by the competent authorities of a foreign state submitted for entering information about a child into a foreign passport are certified in accordance with the procedure established by law, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine. Such documents are submitted with a notarized translation into Ukrainian.
Entering information about the child is carried out on the day of the application of the legal representative free of charge.
Information on the extension of its validity is entered into the passport on the day the person in whose name the passport is issued, or his legal representative, applies free of charge.
As we reported earlier, the Greek authorities announced about priority right to receive asylum for citizens of Ukraine.
Provision of temporary protection (asylum)
Within 90 days the asylum service of the Greek Ministry of Migration and Asylum will provide you temporary protection for 1 (one) year with the right to access legal employment, medical and pharmaceutical services in accordance with Directive 2001/55 of the Council of the European Union.
Ministry of Immigration and Asylum created call center to provide information to Ukrainian refugees.
- by phone +302131629600, which works in Ukrainian, Greek and English from Monday to Friday, from 7:00 to 22:00;
- via website migration.gov.gr;
Relatively procedures for granting temporary protection (asylum) please contact:
Help and accommodation
Until the completion of the procedure for issuing travel documents, if necessary, there is the possibility of providing short-term accommodation in an open hospitality center in the municipality of Sintica in the province of Serres for those who wish it.
The Greek Ministry of Migration and Asylum will provide you with accommodation in the hospitality centers it has.
For unaccompanied minors, the national mechanism for the identification and protection of unaccompanied minors from the Greek Ministry of Migration and Asylum is activated, with the aim of transporting children to special urgent hospitality centers. This is followed by the prescribed identification procedure (if necessary) and accompaniment by an authorized person.
Phone numbers (24/7):
- +30 2132128888
- +30 2132128380
- +30 2132128381
- +30 2132128382