Large retailers as well as small department stores are feverishly preparing for Black Friday this year in order to attract consumers’ attention with large discounts to quickly fill the holes left by the pandemic.
Black Friday (or Black Friday) is usually defined as the 4th Friday in November, correlating with Thanksgiving (28/11). So this year this day will be November 26th. There, consumers will be able to find products of all categories at lower prices, with discounts of up to 80%. As a reminder, Black Friday is followed by Cyber Monday.
Special instructions in connection with Black Friday last year were issued by the General Directorate of Consumer Protection and the General Secretariat for Trade and Consumer Protection of the Ministry of Development.
Representatives of the General Secretariat for Consumer Protection stressed that consumers should be especially careful when conducting electronic transactions.
Black Friday: instruction for consumers 10 + 2
In addition, experts urge citizens to check if online stores provide the following information during Black Friday:
1) Supplier identification data (full company name, contact phones, e-mail, postal address, VAT number and GEMN number, Γενικό Εμπορικό Μητρώο).
2) Main characteristics of the product.
3) The total value of the item (including taxes, fees, shipping charges, any charges in the event of a return, etc.). Make sure the price you are asked to pay is the same as listed on the website.
4) Availability, method of payment and delivery of goods. It should be noted that transactions with a debit or credit card offer more guarantees to the consumer in the event that a company does not deliver a product, compared to a debit card or bank transfer.
5) The right to unreasonable, safe recall and return of the product within 14 days from the date of receipt, and also note the paragraph “policy for returning products of the company if this right is exercised.”
6) Link for electronic dispute resolution (APC pan-European platform).
7) Website security information: displays a security icon, that is, a “padlock”, in the upper left corner of the browser, the email address starts with https: //).
Also, Black Friday consumers are advised to:
8) Do not provide confidential data if you are not completely sure about the security of the website.
9) Ignore suggestions that appear in their spam.
10) Prefer to shop in an online store you know.
11) In the case of unknown online stores, check their online reputation before making a transaction.
12) Keep a record of your transactions.