MEP Eva Kaili, accused of corruption, has been released from house arrest by the Belgian prosecutor’s office.
The former vice-president of the European Parliament is accused of money laundering, corruption, bribery and lobbying for the interests of foreign states – Qatar and Morocco. Greek Eva Kaili was arrested on December 9, 2022, she spent four months in prison. During a search in the house of a European deputy, bags with 600 thousand euros were found, and when trying to escape, the police seized a suitcase with a large amount of cash from Eva’s father.
The release of a MEP is associated with an obligation to fulfill certain conditions:
- return the equipment used for electronic surveillance;
- live at the place of residence and not change it without prior notice to the investigator;
- not to leave the territory of Belgium without the prior written permission of the investigator;
- not to make contact with any of the persons involved in the case under investigation, including through the media;
- answer all calls from the police or judicial authorities, including calls from their designated experts;
- be available for observation by a member of the Attorney’s Office for Social Security.
A month ago, Eva Kylie was released from custody, she was transferred to house arrest.
ND candidate who proposed "triage cancer patients"excluded from the election race
ND Concern over Second Election Results Leads to Third Vote Scenario in August
I.Kasidiaris: "ND and PASOK should be withdrawn from the elections"