For the first time, the Greek Ministry of Health is taking over the care of dentists for children and is launching a free preventive dental care program with a Dentist-Pass voucher for children aged 6-12.
The goal of the Ministry of Health is that from March 2023, parents can book an appointment with the dentist of their choice using the new voucher Dentist Pass.
Dentists wishing to participate in this new service network will be able to do so if they have a registered POS. The Dentist-Pass program includes a visit to the dentist and thus the following services:
- Control of oral hygiene of the child.
- Fluoridation of teeth.
- Cleaning of tartar.
- Information and instructions on oral hygiene for children and parents.
Regarding the Dentist Pass voucher process, parents should take the following steps:
- One of the two parents applies for a funding card through gov.gr or through KEP on the electronic platform of the program.
- The card will then be stored in the beneficiary parent’s mobile phone digital wallet and can be used at the checkout counters of all dental offices.
- Each voucher that is activated will be valid for six months.
reportedthat the Dentist Pass voucher is valid for 600,000 children aged 6 to 12. Detailed information about the program will be published in our publication closer to the launch. Dentist Pass.