In December, there will be a series of payments for millions of workers, pensioners, unemployed recipients of ΟΑΕΔ and OPECA benefits.
The state will pay eligible citizens a pension increase, an annual lump sum (200-250 e), one and a half installments of child allowance and a Christmas present (Δώρο Χριστουγέννων).
In particular, the following are paid:
- On Monday, December 5, 2022, advance payment of regular unemployment benefit, long-term unemployment benefit, and self-employed unemployment benefit, and advance payment of a Christmas gift to subsidized unemployed, special maternity benefit recipients, and parental benefit recipients.
- On December 20, a one-time assistance of 250 euros will be paid to 1,194,806 low-income pensioners.
- On December 20, an amount of 250 euros for uninsured pensioners and people with disabilities, one and a half parts of the child allowance and double the amount of the minimum guaranteed income.
- All benefits GUARDIANSHIP will be paid on December 20 instead of December 30.
- Until December 20, non-subsidized long-term unemployed registered in ΔΥΠΑ (former ΟΑΕΔ) will receive emergency assistance in the amount of 250 euros (about 100,000 euros in total).
- Until December 21, employees of private enterprises will receive the so-called. Christmas present (Δώρο Χριστουγέννων).
From December 21 to December 23, pensions for January 2023 will be paid to recipients:
- From the former insurance funds ΟΑΕΕ, ΟΓΑ, ΝΑΤ, ΕΤΑΑ, ΕΤΑΤ, ΕΤΑΠ-ΜΜΕ December 21, 2022, Wednesday.
- From the former funds of ΙΚΑ-ΕΤΑΜ, Τραπεζών, ΟΤΕλοιπών εντασσόμενων (ΤΣΕΑΠΓΣΟ,ΤΣΠ-ΗΣΑΠ) και Δημόσιο (for citizens who have AMCAending in 1, 3, 5, 7, 9) will be paid out on Thursday, December 22, 2022.
- Of the former IKA-Etam funds, τραπεζών, οτε, λοιπών εντασσόμενων (τσεαπγσο, τσπ -ησαπ) και δημόσιο, (to citizens insured in them and having an AMCA, which ends at 0, 2, 4, 6, 8), payments will be made payments December 23, Friday.
900 thousand pensioners will receive an increased pension due to the abolition of the special solidarity collection from December 21 to 23 (together with January pensions). Cancellation will result in an annual increase in the amount, starting from 22 euros and exceeding 676 euros per year (for high-paid pensioners). Basically, those who have a monthly income of more than 1,000 euros will be exempt from the fee.
At the same time, the payment The 4th installment (from the increase in the recalculation of pensions) for 280 thousand pensioners will be made from December 21 to 23. The average allowance they will receive from the 4th installment is between 7 and 39 euros. About 280,000 pensioners with 30 years of service (and mostly 33 years and more) belong to this category, which is subject to recalculation. At the same time, on December 20, a one-time assistance in the amount of 250 euros will be paid to 1,194,806 low-income pensioners.
Some 735,000 child benefit recipients will receive the additional payment. The amount of the allowance is 105 or 63 or 42 euros for each child (for the first and second), depending on the amount of family income, and 210 or 126 or 84 euros for the third and each subsequent child. An extraordinary payment will be credited to the accounts of citizens on December 20.
The number of non-subsidized long-term unemployed registered with ΔΥΠΑ (former ΟΑΕΔ) who will receive €250 emergency assistance is estimated at about 100,000. These are the registered unemployed who have acquired the status of long-term unemployed (over 12 months of continuous registered unemployment), remain unemployed until the date of publication of the relevant unemployment benefit in the Official Gazette.
Recipients of OPEKA disability benefits. We are talking about approximately 174,000 beneficiaries who will receive an allowance of 250 euros in December.
The social solidarity allowance for uninsured persons receiving old age benefits will be increased by 250 euros (about 35,000 beneficiaries in total). Clarifies that if a low-income EFKA retiree is also a recipient of disability benefits or another OPECA benefit, they will receive only low-income pensioner’s allowance.
Minimum guaranteed income
In order to support beneficiaries of the EEE (formerly KEA) minimum income security, i.e. households living in extreme poverty, approximately 225,000 beneficiaries will be provided with its double payment in December 2022.
a Christmas gift
Employers must pay the Christmas present (Δώρο Χριστουγέννων) to employees by December 21st. According to current Greek law, all employees employed in private enterprises (on a permanent or temporary basis), full-time or part-time with any employer are entitled to a Christmas present.
When calculating the amount of the gift, the method of remuneration of employees is taken into account, that is, whether they are paid a daily wage or a salary. The time period for which the Christmas gift is calculated runs from May 1 to December 31 of each year. Thus, employees whose employment relationship with the employer continued without interruption during the entire period of time indicated by us, that is, from May 1 to December 31 of each year, are entitled to the full amount equal to one month’s wages (for those who have a fixed salary ), and workers who receive daily wages will receive 25 of its payments.