An asset freeze, a “lockdown” of all business activity and a ban on investment are among the economic sanctions imposed by the Kyiv regime on 2,500 Russian businessmen and bankers it considers to be Putin’s men.
Among them is the owner of the PAOK football club, the well-known Greek-Russian businessman Ivan Savvidis, whose relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin has become the subject of close attention in Western media.
Ukrainian media are talking about the decision of President Zelensky to implement the recommendation of the National Security and Defense Council to impose sanctions against those close to the President of Russia. This was also reported by international media, who add that the decision on sanctions concerns 2,507 individuals and 1,374 legal entities. They also focus on the fact that, according to the signed decrees, the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry was asked to inform the relevant authorities EUthe United States and other countries on the application of sanctions, and raise the issue of introducing similar restrictive measures against persons included in the Ukrainian list.
It is noted that among the names of businessmen and bankers, in addition to Ivan Savvidis, are Roman Abramovich, Alisher Usmanov, Vladimir Potanin and Ekaterina Tikhonova, the daughter of Russian President Vladimir Putin, as well as politicians, public figures, military personnel and Russian legal entities.
— teleSUR English (@telesurenglish) October 20, 2022
Sanctions against Ivan Savvidis are introduced for a period of 10 years
In particular, in the official document on the extension of sanctions, a decision that came into force in connection with the Decree of the President of Ukraine dated October 19, 2022 No. 727/2022 regarding Ivan Savvydis, says:
“Savvidi Ivan Ignatovich (Savvidi Ivan Ignatievich, Savvidi Ivan), born March 27, 1959, citizen of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Greece, information according to the Unified State Register of Taxpayers of the Russian Federation.
The following are the restrictive measures imposed on him for a period of 10 years:
- freezing of assets – temporary deprivation of the right to use and dispose of assets owned by an individual or legal entity, as well as assets in respect of which such a person can directly or indirectly (through other individuals or legal entities) perform actions identical in content to the exercise of the right to dispose of them.
- restriction of commercial activity (complete cessation).
- restriction, partial or complete cessation of the transit of resources, flights and transportation through the territory of Ukraine (complete cessation);
- prevention of withdrawal of funds outside Ukraine.
- suspension of economic and financial obligations.
- cancellation or suspension of licenses and other permits, the receipt (availability) of which is a necessary condition for the implementation of a certain type of activity, in particular, the cancellation or suspension of special licenses for the use of subsoil.
- a ban on participation in the privatization, lease of state property of residents of a foreign state and persons directly or indirectly controlled by residents of a foreign state or acting in their interests.
- prohibition or restriction of entry of foreign civil ships and warships into the territorial waters of Ukraine, its internal waters, ports and aircraft into the airspace of Ukraine or landing on the territory of Ukraine (complete ban);
- a ban on the issuance of licenses and permits from the National Bank of Ukraine for investments in a foreign state, placement of currency values on accounts and deposits on the territory of a foreign state.
- suspension of the issuance of licenses, permits to import into Ukraine from a foreign state or export of currency from Ukraine and limit the issuance of cash on payment cards issued by residents of a foreign state.
- a ban on the transfer of technology, rights to intellectual property.
- deprivation of state awards of Ukraine, other forms of recognition.
- a ban on the acquisition of ownership of land.