Before the holidays, around December 20, the beneficiaries will be given an amount of 250 euros, as underlined by Deputy Minister of Labor Domna Mihailidou in her speech on ANT1.
An emergency lump-sum allowance will be paid to vulnerable groups of citizens before Christmas. The Deputy Minister of Labor stated that the ministry will ensure that the amount is disbursed before the Christmas holidays, around December 20th, so that beneficiaries can receive financial assistance in the run-up to the holidays.
She then mentioned the beneficiaries who will receive the allowance:
- 1 million low pensioners. This applies to those who receive a pension of less than 800 euros.
- Approximately 30,000 uninsured retirees. That is, all those who are over 67 years old and do not have insurance.
- 172 thousand people with disabilities. This applies to people with any form of disability.
- 1.5 million citizens already receiving child benefit.
- 250 thousand recipients of the minimum guaranteed income.
“Almost 1/3 of our fellow citizens will be helped by the state with this additional allowance,” she noted, among other things.