It is expected that 80,000 unemployed people will receive emergency assistance, thanks to training that will take place in the near future.
An emergency financial support of €1,000 will be provided by ΟΑΕΔ through the resources of the Recovery Fund to thousands of unemployed people who will complete free distance learning and certification of “Upgrading and Retraining Programs in High Demand Sectors with a Focus on Digital and Environmental Skills”. From day to day, an announcement is expected when distance learning for the unemployed will begin, so that upon its completion the money will go to the beneficiaries’ accounts, writes newsbreak.gr.
Unemployed persons who meet at least the following conditions are eligible to participate:
- Be registered in the ΟΑΕΔ unemployment registers, regardless of whether they receive unemployment benefits or not.
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Be graduates of at least compulsory education.
How the unemployed will receive 1000 euros
Each beneficiary who completes the program of continuing professional education and certification of knowledge and skills, according to the terms of the invitation to classes, is entitled to receiving an educational allowance, which is 5 € / hour of training, not including insurance premiums. Beneficiary must complete training and pass a certification exam in order to receive a full study allowance.
In particular payment of educational allowance beneficiaries is carried out as follows:
- Upon successful completion of the training and the participation of the beneficiary in the certification exams (regardless of the result), the beneficiary is entitled to an amount corresponding to 70% of the total allowable amount for the total number of hours of training in the program, minus any gaps.
- If he successfully passes the certification exams, he is entitled to 100% of the total amount for the total number of hours of study in the program, minus gaps.
- Payment is made once, after the completion of the training and certification process, as well as after receiving the relevant information from the provider providing training through the information system.
- The insurance premiums corresponding to the training allowance of the trainee are covered by the training check and paid by the training organizer, who is obliged to pay them in a timely manner.