ΕΟΠΥΥ announced the provision of a balneological benefit to the insured for the period from June 1 to October 31, 2022.
The allowance for spa treatment is provided to insured persons who have the appropriate diagnoses and need therapy, reports news4health.gr. 150 euros are allocated for the passage of 15 balneological procedures (1 course of treatment).
The right to receive benefits for sanatorium-and-spa treatment are insured persons suffering from the following diseases:
1) Autoimmune rheumatic diseases with damage to the musculoskeletal system that are not in the acute stage:
- a) rheumatoid arthritis
- b) systemic lupus erythematosus
- c) systemic sclerosis
- d) polymyositis-dermatitis
- e) polymyalgia rheumatoid
- e) mixed connective tissue disease.
2) Post-traumatic stiffness, post-traumatic arthritis.
3) Skin diseases: psoriasis, chronic eczema and chronic diffuse neurodermatitis.
Required supporting documents to be submitted by the insured in order to be eligible for this benefit:
- Medical report (according to the attached sample 1) of a doctor of the relevant specialty (orthopedist, rheumatologist, dermatologist, physiotherapist). The conclusion must contain a detailed description of the condition of the insured person and justify the need for balneotherapy. In the absence of a rheumatologist in the area (under contract working in state or military hospitals, university clinics or in the first-aid posts of Π.Ε.Δ.Υ.), conclusions will be accepted from an orthopedist working under a contract or in the above-mentioned first-aid posts for this specific disease.
- A medical opinion from a specialized cardiologist, from which it follows, taking into account the clinical condition of the insured, that he can carry out a specific treatment and has no medical contraindications. The opinions can be issued by doctors from government or military hospitals, university clinics, doctors from the Primary National Health Network (PA.Ε.Δ.Υ), and doctors under contract to ΕΟΠΥΥ.
- Certificate for a course of sanatorium treatment, issued by his legal representative, containing data that “the clinic belongs to state-recognized resorts.” The dates of the baths, as well as the time period in which they were held, must be indicated in the same document.
- A certified photocopy of the receipt of the hotel room reservation, to confirm the travel and stay of the insured at the place of treatment. If the health resort is located near the place of residence of the insured and accommodation (in a hotel) cannot be confirmed, the beneficiary must submit an appropriate responsible application.
The medical reports are brought to the attention of the director of health or the head of the health department, or his legal deputy, or the competent auditing authority, which, after reviewing the citizen’s sick book of insurance coverage, certifies two medical reports with a seal, signature and date of the verification.
Then the competent person makes a written reference to the medical book of the insured, indicating the course of treatment (number of baths) recommended by the medical specialist for the current year. In case of less than 15 baths, the amount corresponding to the baths performed will be reimbursed proportionally.