Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis announced a program to subsidize the purchase of electrical appliances, which was so much advertised before, but remained “in the shadows” for months, without comment from competent ministers.
In the coming weeks, subsidies for electrical appliances will begin under the program “Ανακυκλώνω – Αλλάζω Συσκευή”. As already known, the program includes the removal of an old air conditioner or refrigerator in order to purchase a new one for a voucher that will provide a discount. In any case, when the platform opens, you should know the following:
1. Device grant recipients
- The government aims to reach 200,000 households with the subsidy, but there will be financial criteria, ie. depending on your income you will receive similar discount coupon.
- It is planned to draw up a corresponding scale, and if, for example, 300,000 applications are submitted, other criteria will be applied to weed out 100,000.
- Priority is expected to be given to vulnerable households, families with disabilities, single-parent families and families with many children.
- The coupon will allow you to get a discount of up to 50%.
Beneficiaries receive a subsidy of up to 50% for the replacement of up to three devices from the following categories:
- air conditioning,
2. Which devices are NOT subsidized:
- washing machine,
- electric stoves.
The condition for receiving a voucher is one: the old device you want to replace must work. So if you have, for example, an old air conditioner that is out of order, then you can not apply.
Elections go, real estate auctions come
"Don’t believe your eyes": What’s happening to food prices
La Repubblica deifies Greek tourism