On Monday morning, May 2, a large number of fashion glasses were discovered by the Glyfada Rapid Response Police.
They found an abandoned truck, which, as it turned out, was stolen. During the inspection, 18 large bags were found inside, in which there were 9,200 pairs of sunglasses.
The glasses found in Glyfada were “looted” in an “instantaneous” burglary of an optician’s shop, as determined by a pre-investigation check by the Ilioupolis Security Department with the assistance of the Glyfada Security Department. The confiscated sunglasses will be returned to the owner company. The security department of Iliupoli has compiled the materials of the case, while the competent authorities continue their efforts to find and arrest the criminals.
By the way, did you know that Are fake sunglasses damaging your eyes?
“Poor-quality sunglasses are bad for any eye,” says an ophthalmologist expert, “but especially harmful to diseased organs of vision. Unabsorbed ultraviolet will hit the retina, and if a person has its pathology, then such glasses can increase a dangerous disease.b – macular degeneration. And not much depends on the price of points – you need to look at the certificate, where it is written, How much UV do the lenses cut off?“.
In April-May, shopping malls and optics stores consider sunglasses to be the most popular item. This is understandable: summer is a dangerous season for the eyes, as solar radiation contains more ultraviolet radiation than at any other time. But analysts reported that the “civilized trade” in optics – shops, salons, clinics – accounts for only 20% of the glasses market, 80% of these products are sold on trays and in tents without any certification. Even in Athens, which experts say looks advanced, more than 30% of the optics market is wild trade. Sunglasses are even more so.
There are, of course, special optical stores (brands) Luxottica, Safilo and De Rigo, as well as a number of other smaller firms that have the right to sell glasses under the license of these leading trading houses. (For example, Gucci glasses are manufactured by Safilo, Armani glasses by Luxottica, Givenchy glasses by De Rigo.) But here’s the thing: anyway, all production is located mainly in Southeast Asia: in Korea, Taiwan, in free economic zones of China and a small part in Italy. It is from Southeast Asia that fakes from those that cost a thousand dollars and more also come in tons.
At the same time, the pricing policy of sunglasses manufacturers is always tied to the frame: the more expensive the glasses, the higher the share of the cost of the frame.
Attention! Plastic glasses without UV absorption exacerbate the harmful effects of radiation. The dimming causes the pupil to dilate, and more dangerous ultraviolet radiation directly enters the dilated pupil.
According to prices, sunglasses are divided into five classes, experts explain.
- The first is glasses priced from 5 to 30 euros, these are “regular” glasses sold everywhere.
- The second – 30-70 euros, products of medium quality.
- The third class includes glasses worth 70-500 euros, this is a worthy product, but not yet an elite one. The variation in price is due to the prestige of the brand, the level of technology, style and workmanship.
- Fourth class – 500-2000 euros, very expensive glasses of the highest class, using the latest achievements of scientific and design ideas, but without the use of precious stones and metals, they are no longer produced “by weight”.
- The last class is glasses priced from 2,000 euros for the “chosen ones”, which are manufactured by such “expensive” companies as STDupont, Swarovski, Cartier, Chopard, Bvlgari.
However, no brands are protected from fakes. The main thing to remember is that the most important thing about sunglasses is whether they can really protect your eyes from the sun.