Electricity bills have almost doubled since the end of last year as a result of a significant rise in prices per kilowatt-hour. Citizens are offered options and installments if they cannot pay their bills ΔΕΗ.
There are many consumers who, although they have settled their debts, nevertheless, the next time they get their hands on a “fabulous” bill, they ask for a new payment facilitation, reports dikaiologitika.gr.
The range of monthly payments made by electricity suppliers largely depends on what is said in the contract concluded with the citizen.
- Often, large private suppliers (ΔΕΗ) distribute the payment for electricity into several payments (two or more, up to 24), after the debtor makes an advance payment.
- At the same time, independent suppliers divide the existing “debt” into 4 installments, after which the debt is transferred to collectors.
- Private companies in applications for debt repayment give the opportunity to repay it in three, maximum five monthly payments.
In other words, ΔΕΗ realizes ongoing debt management program (up to 24 monthly installments) upon advance payment request.
- Companies with a debt of up to 500 euros require an advance payment of 10% of the debt amount, and its payment is made in five installments.
- The same percentage is requested for debts from 500 to 1000 euros, and the installment plan is set at eight doses.
- For debts from 1000 to 2000 euros, the prepayment increases to 15% of the debt amount, and the installment plan is up to 12 installments.
- For amounts from 2,000 to 3,000 euros, the prepayment is 20% of the debt, and the number of payments increases to 18.
- For debts over 3,000 euros, there is an option for prepayment of 20% or 30% and the number of installments is set – 18 and 24, respectively.