List of the most frequently asked questions and answers for refugees from Ukraine

The Greek Ministry of Migration and Asylum has released an updated list of the most frequently asked questions for refugees from Ukraine.

  • How to get medical and pharmaceutical assistance before receiving temporary protection?
    • Before obtaining temporary protection status, you will be served in state hospitals, medical institutions and clinics in Greece, subject to hospitalization for emergency care or childbirth.
  • My wife/my husband has a third country passport. Can he come with us? Will he get temporary protection?
    • The status of temporary protection applies to citizens of Ukraine residing in Ukraine, displaced from February 24, 2022, as well as to their family members, if the family was in Ukraine before the displacement, regardless of whether one of them is a citizen of a third country, and whether the family member will be able to return to their country of origin in a secure and stable environment.
  • Can anyone fly from Georgia, and not through Promakhon?
    • Holders of Ukrainian passports using biometric data can enter through all entry checkpoints (ground and air). Ukrainian passport holders without biometric data (old type) can enter through all entry checkpoints with the required visa. A visa for refugees from Ukraine is issued directly at the border checkpoint on the Greek side.
  • Can I travel with an expired passport?
    • For entry into Greece of citizens of Ukraine who do not have travel documents or have an expired passport, entry is provided only through the service passport control Promakhon (Greek-Bulgarian border) (tel. 0030-23230 41079), where you will be issued a relevant document by the employees of the Embassy of Ukraine.
  • Is there a limit on the length of stay in Greece?
    • The maximum period of stay from the moment of crossing the land or air border (the Greek police will stamp the passport with the date of entry) is 90 days (15 days with the right to extend for another 75 days). However, during this period, you are entitled to apply for temporary protection status for one (1) year, with the right to access the labor market and medical and pharmaceutical care in accordance with Directive 2001/55 of the Council of the European Union, as adapted by Presidential Decree 80/2006 Greek legislation. From March 28, the Asylum Service of the Ministry of Migration and Asylum began accepting applications and granting refugee status.
  • I want to donate clothes and accept refugees
    • You can express your interest in helping displaced persons from Ukraine by filling out a special form, which can be found at the link on the website of the Greek Ministry of Migration and Asylum.
  • I have a serious illness and must have access to treatment within 90 days. Do I qualify for temporary protection, or do I have to do something else, like register with a shelter, to get a card. Where should I go?
    • Your temporary protection status gives you full access to medical and pharmaceutical care. The status will be provided to you within 90 days.
  • Does the asylum service transport refugees from entry checkpoints?
    • No. Greek authorities do not carry out transportation displaced persons from entry checkpoints into the country.
  • Can a request for temporary protection be submitted from Ukraine before entering Greece?
    • No. A request for granting temporary protection status is made only after entering Greece by an exclusively interested person in person, and not through a representative or authorized person.
  • With what documents can I come to Greece with children if I only have an ID card and not a passport?
    • Citizens of Ukraine who do not have travel documents can enter only through Passport control department of Promakhon ( Greek-Bulgarian border ). There you will be provided with the relevant document by the staff of the Embassy of Ukraine. If you have children with you, you will need to show proof of marital status or a birth certificate. If you do not have any of these documents, you will need to fill out and submit a special responsible application form indicating the number of children, their first name, last name, gender and date of birth.
  • Is it possible to send children from Ukraine to schools in Greece, and if so, what is the procedure?
    • Yes. Access to the public education system for children is free. Registration is done directly at the school in the area where you will be living. Education in Greek.
  • We have entered Greece but want to reunite the family? Can you help us?
    • Temporary protection status is granted separately in each member country EU. Therefore, the status you will be granted in Greece only applies to family members who enter with you and does not constitute a residence permit in another EU Member State, whether or not you have relatives there.
  • Am I entitled to hospitality?
    • Until the completion of the travel documents, if necessary, there is the possibility of short-term accommodation in the open structure of Sintika for those who wish. Those who wish to receive hospitality for a longer period and after the completion of the above procedure can submit a request to:Email address is being protected from spambots. Javascript must be enabled in your browser to view the address. The Ministry of Migration and Asylum will provide you with accommodation and meals in their hospitality centers immediately. In order to facilitate and expedite the procedure for your settlement, please indicate in your request the number of family members, their names, sex and age, as well as any vulnerable condition (serious illness, disability, pregnancy ).
  • What is the procedure for obtaining permission for children (nephews) from Ukraine to stay in Greece for the required period, despite the fact that their parents remain in Ukraine?
    • If children enter the country unaccompanied, then the national mechanism for identification and protection of unaccompanied minors of the Ministry of Migration and Asylum is applied to transfer children to special emergency hospitality centers, followed by the established identification procedure (if required). For more information, you can call: 0030 2132128888 (24 hours), send an email to Email address is being protected from spambots. Javascript must be enabled in your browser to view the address.
  • How do I start/end my COVID vaccination?
    • You have the right to start or complete your vaccination free of charge at any vaccination center in the country, as soon as you receive a special temporary protection card, which will be issued to you by the Asylum Service and which will indicate AMKA (social security registration number).
  • In which points of temporary protection can I make an appointment? What procedure?
    • The housing application form can be found at this link.
  • What do you need to do to stay permanently in Greece?
  • I live in the European Union and want to come to Greece, what is the procedure for obtaining temporary protection?
    • The status of temporary protection is granted in each EU member state separately. If you are or live in another country, you will be provided status there.
  • I am traveling with my animal. Will I have problems entering Greece?
    • The Greek authorities will ensure that you are given every possible facilitation for the safe entry of your pets into the country. It would be useful to show a document about the health of the animal.

Source link

High-quality journalistic work cannot be free, otherwise it becomes dependent on the authorities or the oligarchs.
Our site is solely funded by advertising money.
Please disable your ad blocker to continue reading the news.
Best regards, editors