Answers of the Ministry of Migration and Asylum of Greece to the questions of citizens of Ukraine

Answers from the Greek Ministry of Migration and Asylum to the most frequent questions of citizens of Ukraine who arrived in the country in connection with the war.

How to get medical and pharmaceutical assistance before receiving temporary protection?
➡️ Until you receive temporary protection status, you will be admitted to public hospitals, medical institutions and clinics in Greece, provided that you are hospitalized for emergency care or childbirth.
I have a serious illness and must have access to treatment within 90 days. Do I qualify for temporary protection, or do I have to do something else, like register with a shelter, to get a card. Where should I go?
➡️ Your temporary protection status gives you full access to medical and pharmaceutical care. The status will be granted to you within 90 days, and the relevant information about the service points of the shelter service for this purpose will be announced in a few days.
Is it possible to assign children from Ukraine to schools in Greece, and if so, what is the procedure?
➡️ Yes. Access to the public education system for children is free. Registration is done directly at the school in the area where you will be living.
We have entered Greece but want to do a family reunion. Can you help us?
➡️ Temporary protection status granted in each member country EU separately. Therefore, the status you will be granted in Greece only applies to family members who enter with you and does not constitute a permit to reside in another EU Member State, whether or not you have relatives there.
Am I entitled to hospitality?
➡️ Until the completion of the procedure for issuing travel documents, if necessary, there is the possibility of short-term accommodation in the open structure of Sintika for those who wish. Those who wish to receive hospitality for a longer period and after the completion of the above procedure can submit a request to: Email address is being protected from spambots. Javascript must be enabled in your browser to view the address.. The Ministry of Migration and Asylum will provide you with accommodation and meals in their hospitality centers immediately. In order to facilitate and expedite your settlement process, please include in your request the number of family members, their names, sex and age, and any vulnerable condition (serious illness, disability, pregnancy).
How do I start/end my COVID vaccination?
➡️ You have the right to start or complete your vaccination free of charge at any vaccination center in the country, as soon as you receive a special temporary protection card issued to you by the Asylum Service, which will indicate AMKA (social security registration number).
Is there a limit on the length of stay in Greece?
➡️ The maximum period of stay from the moment of crossing the land or air border (the Greek police will stamp the passport with the date of entry) is 90 days (15 days with the right to extend for another 75 days). However, during this period you are entitled to apply for temporary protection status for one (1) year, with the right to access the labor market, medical and pharmaceutical care in accordance with Directive 2001/55 of the Council of the European Union, as adapted by Presidential Decree 80/2006 Greek legislation. In the coming days, points will be announced where the Asylum Service of the Ministry of Migration and Asylum will be able to receive your requests and grant you this status.
I am traveling with my animal. Will I have problems entering Greece?
➡️ The Greek authorities will make sure that you are provided with all possible facilitation for the safe entry of pets into the country. It would be useful to show a document about the health of the animal.

More answers can be found on the website of the Greek Ministry of Migration and Asylum at the link:

Questions can also be asked by phone (GRE, ENG, UKR): (0030) 213 162 9600, daily 08.00 – 21.00, on weekends and holidays: 10.00-17.00. Or email Email address is being protected from spambots. Javascript must be enabled in your browser to view the address.

Source link

High-quality journalistic work cannot be free, otherwise it becomes dependent on the authorities or the oligarchs.
Our site is solely funded by advertising money.
Please disable your ad blocker to continue reading the news.
Best regards, editors