The Ministry of Health of Greece, in connection with the national holiday on March 25 and the parade, made an official statement.
The experts recalled that, according to sanitary protocols, it is strongly recommended to wear a mask outdoors when you are in crowded places. “Therefore, both during the arrival at the celebrations and during the parade, citizens must wear masks, and it is advisable to keep their distance,” the announcement published by the Ministry of Health says.
It is especially emphasized that all those who will participate in the parade must “before and after the procession, while they are waiting in line to exit, wear masks.”
Festive events and the traditional parade on Syntagma will be held with dignity, despite the outbreak of the pandemic. The parade will be broadcast on TV channels. It will be attended by:
- Column in historical costumes.
- Children in traditional Greek costumes.
- Historical flags will be carried (Filiki Iteria, the Holy Corps, the Banner of the Holy Lavra, etc.)
- Procession of riders.
- Navy (procession of sailors and officers).
- Motorized part of the army.
- Motorized part of the Air Force.
- Motorized department of the Greek police.
- Motorized part of the Coast Guard.
- Motorized Fire Regiment.
- A column of infantry divisions from all three branches of the armed forces, as well as the security forces.
- Navy Armed Forces.
As GEETHA stressed, during the rehearsals and the military parade on March 25, 2022, all necessary measures will be taken to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.l