The Hellenic Red Cross (HRC), recognizing the huge humanitarian crisis caused by the outbreak of war in Ukraine and the millions of people who have been forced to flee their homes, is calling on the people of Greece to donate money, as well as medicines and basic necessities.
The amount raised will support the superhuman efforts of the Ukrainian Red Cross to help victims across the country.
In particular, Ε.Ε.Σ. encourages those who wish to make a financial contribution to make their donations to the following bank account:
- Bank: EUROBANK
- Beneficiary: Ελληνικός Ερυθρός Σταυρός (Hellenic Red Cross – HRC)
- Account: 0026.0240.30.0201205013
- IBAN: GR2602602400000300201205013
All payments must be marked “Ουκρανία“(Ukraine).
Additional information can be obtained by calling 210 36 09 825 and 210 36 11 425.
In addition, E.E.Σ. (Greek Red Cross) collects products (condensed milk, powdered baby milk, canned food of all kinds, cereals, nuts, flour, pasta, etc.) for the victims of the war.
Gathering Location: Ε.Ε.Σ Headquarters. Lykavittu 1, Kolonaki, Central Warehouse Ε.Ε.Σ. Astros 111-113, column (λυκαβητού 1, κολωνάκι, κεντρική αποθήκη ε.ε.ς. ‘Aστροςς 111-113, κολωνός) (from Monday to Friday, 7: 30-14: 30, tel: 210 5147300).
For other cities products will be accepted in the regional branches of Ε.Ε.Σ.
See related list contact details here.
In addition, the Greek Red Cross appeals to the people of Greece to provide humanitarian assistance, announcing the collection of medicines and medical supplies:
- physiological fluid
- Eye drops
- Sterile gauze
- Wound healing spray
- Ointments for burns
- Intravenous drug delivery systems
- Syringes of all sizes
- Hemostatic preparations and materials
- Masks to protect against Covid-19
- Medical masks
- Disinfectants for hands and surfaces
For other cities they will be received in the regional branches of Ε.Ε.Σ. See related list contact details here
Greek Red Cross calls for hospitality of displaced Ukrainians
In particular, the Greek Red Cross, on the initiative of the President, Dr. Antoniou Avgerinu, takes over the registration of the data of interested citizens who want to offer temporary housing for Ukrainian refugees arriving in Greece.
“Athenian News” warn, be careful, there are scammers among the volunteers. Before handing over money, medicines, clothing, or other essentials check the status of these people across:
- information portal on the website of the Ministry ( https://migration.gov.gr/ukraine/)
- call center – support service (from Monday to Friday from 7:00 to 22:00, tel: +30 213 1629600)
- “Help Ukraine” humanitarian aid platform for NGOs, PTAs, international organizations and any other interested parties.