Kidney beans kill 2-year-old in Greece

In Agrinio, a two-year-old boy swallowed a raw bean that blocked his airway.

The boy was immediately taken to the Agrinio hospital, where doctors tried to resuscitate him, and then the child was intubated. In this condition, the baby was transferred to the Rio hospital. Unfortunately, the efforts of the specialists were not crowned with success – ischemia gradually developed, and then cerebral edema caused by blockage of the airways.

Doctors stated that the boy’s brain was dead. His parents have agreed to donate his organs, and donations are already being made in collaboration with the National Organisation. Gavriil Demetriou, head of the pediatric department of the hospital, explains the baby’s death by blocking the respiratory system with beans.

Andreas Eliades, director of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at Rio Hospital, confirmed Newsbeastthat the boy’s brain is dead, and praised the parents’ initiative to donate his healthy organs.

Unfortunately, many parents do not see the dangers of young children playing with small objects. Quite often, such indiscretion leads to tragedy.

From the author. A few years ago, my 5-year-old daughter, attending a private daycare, stuffed a raw bean up her nose. Only at night, when it swelled up and began to block free breathing, the child began to cry and admitted that there was a foreign body in the nose. In the middle of the night, I had to urgently go to the hospital, where, fortunately, they provided timely assistance. You will not believe, but the beans were used in kindergarten as … counting sticks.



Source link

High-quality journalistic work cannot be free, otherwise it becomes dependent on the authorities or the oligarchs.
Our site is solely funded by advertising money.
Please disable your ad blocker to continue reading the news.
Best regards, editors