Siggra explosion, 78-year-old man testifies: I turned on the light and there was an explosion

The most likely version of the explosion on Singru Avenue this morning is a household gas leak, at least this version is considered by the fire department as the main one.

According to the testimony of the miraculously surviving store owner, who was in this knowledge, and the only one seriously injured, before that “there was a smell of gas for several days.”

“I hit the switch and there was an explosion”

The 78-year-old man told police that he smelled gas in the building a few days ago, but could not figure out what was going on, Open TV said. Therefore, he did not attach any importance to this. Continuing his story, he said that this morning, when he woke up, he pressed the switch to turn on the light, after which there was a huge explosion.

Εκκρηξη στην αρχή της Συγγρού. Ένας τραυματίας μέχρι τώρα
Από το ωστικό κύμα έσπασαν τζάμια σε ακτίνα μέχρι και τη Μακρυγιάννη και την Διοανυίσί
Εμένα άνοιξαν οι πόρτες της αυλής και τα παράθυρα μου. pic.twitter.com/PWOG03SO9I

– Lίζη tros; ? (@sokolata_sketi) January 26, 2022

The explosion occurred on the mezzanine of the first (ground) floor of the building, where the residential part is located, and the rest of the building is not inhabited, since it houses offices and apartments for short-term lease.

The explosion was followed by a small fire, which was quickly contained by a team of 18 firefighters who arrived on the scene with 6 fire trucks.

As we reported earlier, at about 7 am in the center of the Greek capital, not far from the colonnade of Olympian Zeus, there was powerful explosion. The shock wave was so strong that window panes flew out at a distance of up to 150 meters from the explosion site. Its sound was heard at a distance of up to 5 kilometers.

The explosion injured a 78-year-old man who was reportedly taken to the outpatient department of the People’s Hospital’s surgical department and immediately taken to the operating room. The injured man has injuries of the upper and lower extremities and burns.

Luckily the last 2 days in Athens, due to fallen snow, were announced weekend, so the road and public transport stop, which is located near the explosion site, were empty. Usually, in similar situations many more victims.

.



Source link

High-quality journalistic work cannot be free, otherwise it becomes dependent on the authorities or the oligarchs.
Our site is solely funded by advertising money.
Please disable your ad blocker to continue reading the news.
Best regards, editors