Poll: Most Greeks Are Homeowners, Not Tenants

According to data for 2020 released yesterday by Eurostat, more than 75% of Greeks lived in their own housing, while the European average was 70%, and the remaining 30% lived in rented housing.

According to Eurostat, the highest share of ownership was observed in Romania, where 96% of the population lived in their own household, followed by Slovakia (92%), Hungary and Croatia (both 91%).

In all member states, with the exception of Germany, home ownership is the most common. In the case of Germany, half are owners of their own home and the other half are in a rented house. Household shares were also lowest in Austria (55%) and Denmark (59%).





Source link

High-quality journalistic work cannot be free, otherwise it becomes dependent on the authorities or the oligarchs.
Our site is solely funded by advertising money.
Please disable your ad blocker to continue reading the news.
Best regards, editors