"Shine Christmas tree!": house fire due to Christmas lights

In one of the houses located in the Camatero area, a fire broke out on Christmas Eve. According to preliminary information, the short circuit and, as a result, the fire happened because of the Christmas lights.

According to the Star channel, two family members had to be hospitalized.

The nightmare began shortly after one in the morning, when a garland on a small Christmas tree set on the kitchen table burst into flames. The lower floor of the apartment building in which the victims live was instantly engulfed in flames while the people were sleeping. There were three people in the burning apartment.

“The kitchen table, which was wooden and covered with a plastic tablecloth, was instantly engulfed in flames,” says the firefighter. “We were trapped and could not open the door. The panic began”.

Twelve firefighters arrived in four vehicles to extinguish the fire. All five family members were transported by an EKAB ambulance to the hospital.

“Yesterday my aunt was intubated because the health problem she faced was more serious. My mother is also in a difficult situation, but we hope that her health has suffered to a much lesser extent,” said a resident of the house.

Both women fell asleep in the living room next to the kitchen, causing them to breathe in acrid smoke. Firefighters warn: be careful, buy quality goods (in this case, Christmas tree garlands), do not leave the lights on the tree on when you leave home. Observe fire safety regulations.

See how quickly a fire can start:





Source link

High-quality journalistic work cannot be free, otherwise it becomes dependent on the authorities or the oligarchs.
Our site is solely funded by advertising money.
Please disable your ad blocker to continue reading the news.
Best regards, editors