The Greek government says it did not introduce a high alert regime

Greek government sources said the message that Greek troops are on high alert due to fears of a surge in migration flows from Turkey is not true.

Earlier on Friday, many Greek media outlets published messagethat all Greek armed forces were on high alert throughout the country following the recent threatening statements by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan about the opening of the border and new flows of refugees.

Government sources said there was no serious deterioration in the situation. “We are ready, as always. There is nothing extraordinary about this, ”they added.

Shortly thereafter, the Ministry of National Defense explained that a meeting of the military leadership called on Friday by the head of the Greek National Defense General Staff (GEETHA), General Konstantinos Floros, discussed “current issues” regarding various services.





Source link

High-quality journalistic work cannot be free, otherwise it becomes dependent on the authorities or the oligarchs.
Our site is solely funded by advertising money.
Please disable your ad blocker to continue reading the news.
Best regards, editors