According to Gikas Mallorkinis, there was a significant increase in coronavirus cases last week, reaching 266%.
There was a 266% increase over the previous week, said Gikas Majorkinis, Associate Professor at the Department of Epidemiology and Member of the Expert Committee, in a Facebook post. He notes that “there is no doubt that in recent days we have seen a significant increase in the number of diagnoses compared to the corresponding days of the previous week.” In particular, cases are mentioned:
• Sunday: 619 vs. 236, up 262%.
• Saturday: 1001 versus 375, an increase of 266%.
• Friday: 771 vs. 395, up 195%.
• Thursday: 761 versus 489, up 156%.
In this regard, a member of the expert committee proposes four measures to slow down the attack fourth wave:
1. Conduct a self-test, at least until the end of vaccination (2 weeks from the last dose).
2. Avoid activities in which we cannot wear a mask until the end of the vaccination (2 weeks from the last dose).
3. Make an appointment for vaccination and complete it on a priority basis.
4. We help (support) fellow citizens to get vaccinated.