A 50-year-old tourist from Bulgaria is being treated at the Volos hospital. A guest of the country got there with serious leg injuries as a result of a seal bite.
An unfortunate woman was vacationing on the island of Alonissos and was attacked by a seal while swimming on the beach. According to the testimony, the tourist wanted to stroke the cute little animal, as a result of which he got scared and considered it an “attack”, biting the woman’s leg and seriously injuring her.
The tourist was immediately taken to the clinic about. Skopelos. Doctors provided her with first aid, but recommended that she still be monitored at the Volos hospital, where she was admitted on the evening of May 18.
The expert commented on the incident, stating that “a seal bite is not only painful, but also extremely dangerous, since as a result you can even get blood poisoning.” The expert strongly advises to “keep yourself in hand”, no matter how great the temptation to pet a wild animal, and it is better to stay away from it.